Monday, September 23, 2013

Interims are Friday

Grades
  •  Sections 2 and 3: I am updating grades on HAC.  I entered the homework grade and the quiz grade for vocab last week.  If you notice, all the grades say 100 points, but they are NOT.  I am trying something different for this MP.  I am using the weights in the background.  A test grade would have the weight of 1.  A quiz could be .5 or .25.  Homeworks could be .1.  I want to be able to look at the grade book and see the percentage in every column, not the points.  It's just another way of doing points. I hope it is not confusing for you when you look at it. :)
  • Section 1: I will try to get the vocab grades up tonight and any make-up work I have in the basket.

Homework:
  • Sections 2 and 3 have pictionaries, Choosing the Right Word, and Words in Context in the vocab book.  We are going to do another unit in one week.  I am seeing how the pace works.
  • Section 1 has pictionaries, Choosing the Right Word, and their Elevator conflict piece all due on Wednesday.
Today:
  • All sections were introduced to the words in Unit 2.
  • Sections 2 and 3 had time to work on their presentations that are due tomorrow.
  • Section 1 had some quiet time to work on their essays while I conferenced with individual students.

Today's deep question asked how SHOULD people live their lives?  These are the responses from section 3:

  • However they feel like, doing what they want to do.
  • As long as it does not affect me
  • As long as you do not regret what you did
  • YOLO
  • In a way that they like it
  • Respect each other
  • Harmony
  • Find a hot spouse
  • Marry rich
  • Have children
  • Retire somewhere nice
  • Do whatever you want as long as it is legal
  • Happy with who you are
  • Do what you want( boundaries)
  • Do not let people force you
  • How they want to
  • Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes before you judge them
  • Live with high standards for yourself and others
  • High ethical and moral values
  • Respect the basic rights of citizenship?