Thursday, September 26, 2013

If you are interested in how I am weighting grades...


Homework:
  • Sections 2 and 3 have the Unit 2 vocab quiz tomorrow.
  • Section 2 will finish their Raymond's Run extended response questions tomorrow.
  • Section 1 should do 11-20 Completing the Sentence Unit 2.
  • Section 1 will also have a practice quiz (or real if good) on unit 2 tomorrow.  (They won't be able to take the quiz until Wednesday because of DCAS.  Why not get it done now?)
  • Section 1 should continue reading Raymond's Run at home.   They are to be summarizing.  We can't get it all done in class.
Today:
  • Section 1 is spent time Raymond's Run and reviewing vocab.
  • Sections 2 and 3 finished the presentations and took the test on Raymond's Run.
Please read about how I am weighting my grades.  It is still a work in progress.

Grades:
  • I hope you will excuse me as I work my way through the new grading system implemented by the district. I am also trying to use 100% in every box so I can get averages easier.  I am using weights.  In other words, the smallest assignments are worth 1.  An assignment that has a weight of 2 is worth twice as much, meaning I value its worth more.  Likewise, something weighted at 3 is more important, and something with a weight of 4 is valued the most.
  • I am still trying to use formative and summative correctly.  We are half way through the MP.  There are many more assignments to come.  I hope to become more predictable with my assignments as the year continues.  




Weight
Formative Classwork Long 2

Rough Drafts 2

Classwork Short 1

Vocab Homework 1

Achieve Work 1



Summative Essay 4

Book Report 4

Test/Comprehension 3

Group Project 3

Vocab Test 1