Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sections 2 and 3 are still presenting tomorrow.

Homework:
Sections 2 and 3 have Vocab in Context, Synonyms, and Antonyms due tomorrow.
Section 1 has Choosing the Right Word, Pictionaries, and the Elevator essay due tomorrow.
(Section 1 had almost all period to work on these today because I had a one period workshop and they had a sub.)

Today:
Sections 2 and 3 started their presentations.  I want students to be responsible for analyzing the literature.  I want to give them the tools and have them use them. 

In section 2, we learned about how the setting of Raymond's Run influences the conflict and the theme.  Those three presentations ROCKED!  I would score each a 110%.

Tell your child that his/her group did an awesome job today:
Ian, Isra, Erin D., Nawel, Katie, Caroline, Lien, Nathan, Gavin, and Will.

I was impressed with their depth, their organization, and their visual presentations!

We will do more of these in the future.