Thursday, October 04, 2012

Rough Response to Literature should be done by Monday

Rubric for Response to Literature
I told students that it would be a good idea to have the rough draft of the Response to Literature piece done by Monday.  This way I could help them improve the piece during writing time instead of them just writing it then.

Today I helped students to think more about what a response to literature is.  We discussed the song "Somebody I Used to Know."  We studied the lyrics and watched the video.  I asked them how the choices of the video director helped or hindered their understanding and enjoyment of the song.  We had quite a discussion.

Here is the rubric that I will use to score responses.  I asked that section 1 writes between 300 - 500 words.  I will discuss the rubric on Monday.