Monday, November 19, 2007

November 19, 2007

Homework:
Flashcards sections 3,6,7
Quiz unit 4
The love essay can be turned in after the break.

Today:
Daily drill
Read samples essays
Discussed how to make a bibliography

I used today to show students what they can think about when they revise their essays. We looked at two essays today. One would score a D because he did not have all the required information. The other essay would score a B-. She had all the required topics, but there was room for improvement. We discussed how each essay could be improved. I told them to bring their essays tomorrow so we could look at theirs closer.

I also showed them how to make a bibliography. I gave them a sheet that had a sample bibliography and marks explaining the required information. I also took them through www.easybib.com . This site make creating a bibliography simple. You just fill in the boxes, and the site creates the page for you. It even alphabetizes it!

I want to begin organizing grades tomorrow. I am backlogged. I probably won't have a grade update before the break.