Friday, November 16, 2007

November 16, 2007

Homework:
The good draft of the love essay is due Monday
Quiz on unit 4 Tuesday

Today:
Daily Drill
Reviewed the vocab homework
We looked at the Week in Pictures on MSNBC.com quickly
I had one last discussion about the organization of the love essay. I told the students that it would be impossible to put all the information into an essay. They need to choose what would sound best.
I gave some work time.

I must say that I am a little worried about the students getting their good drafts done for Monday. I tried very hard to keep them on track this week. I made suggestions so they would have the best chance at a good essay. Many students, it seems, are just waiting until Sunday night to write their essays. We will see on Monday how this all works out! Having the draft done on-time is a grade.

I have finally finished grading all the adversity essays. I will write my love essay after I have compiled the first grade update for the second marking period. The update will probably be given out after the break. I will try to get it done as soon as possible. Grading essays backs me up.