Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May 24, 2006

I am sorry I have not updated this blog in a few days.  I have been so busy with school work.  I have been a planning machine.  It takes a lot of work to make the Malcolm X unit come off smoothly, especially when I do every assignment they do.  I recently finished my persuasive speech.  It took me at least 5 hours to write and create the podcast.  I still have more to go.  

I believe that when the kids see me doing the same work they do, it inspires them to do their best.  One of the reasons I like teaching is I like doing the projects!  Call me crazy, but I enjoy the fact that I have a speech due!  If you would like to hear my speech, you can download it from the Malcolm X assignment page or the main page.

There is a quiz on unit 15 tomorrow, and the speech is due Friday.  They also have a vocab final next Thursday.  Then that is it!  The speeches will take days to do, and they should be very entertaining!  I am not sure if I am going to record them.  I might video tape some of them.  I cannot spend all my time making videos at the end of the year.  The clock is ticking!

Interesting...  I tried to research the Nation of Islam from school the other day.  The State firewall blocks the content due to, "violence/hate/racism."  Hum...  I guess my students won't be researching the organization Malcolm X was involved with any time soon.