Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 17, 2006

Homework: Pictionaries and Synonyms Unit 15

I handed out grade slips today.  I did not require them to be signed.

Students are having trouble finding a topic for their persuasive speeches.  The topic does not have to be deep.  It just has to have the proper format of how they felt before they knew the problem, how they felt once they learned about the problem, and what they/we should do about the problem.

As I will say in my speech on why we should study Malcolm X, I did not know much about him.  I learned about him through reading and the movie.  I feel it is necessary, now, to study him in class.  I will prove that this unit is valuable, not just for a life lesson, but it will teach children about being committed to a cause and how to speak on something important.