Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Major grade update on HAC

Good grammar matters!
Section 1

  • I graded the book reviews that I have. I made it worth three summatives because it is the culmination of the lessons I have been teaching for weeks.
  • I entered a vocabulary grade as a formative.  We are still acclimating to the book.





Sections 2 and 3

  • I entered some Achieve grades.  They are small formatives.  A few too many students are not using the tool seriously.
  • I entered the grades for the book reviews that I have.  A few say "EXC."  That means I have the review but I need to grade it. Students will have some time in class Thursday to finish the reviews... which were due Monday.  :(


Put it on your calendar: December 1
Another book review for a new book should be completed before November 25.  (That is 5 weeks from today.) But if they really want to work over Thanksgiving, it can be due December 1. 

There will be some new academic vocabulary that I will want them to use, but it will basically be the same format.