Sunday, October 12, 2014

Grades are updated on HAC

I graded the Hook and Summary for the book review.  The writer's style section is due Wednesday.  We will be discussing it this week.

I also added Achieve for sections 2 and 3.

(I did not look at their KBAR for 10/6 -10/10 yet.)

The writer's style part of the book review is due Wednesday.

The rest of the book review is due on Monday October 20th.  I have a page where students can enter their work. 

Section 1 took a quiz on Unit 1 of the vocab.  I am not entering those scores because I wanted students to see the type of quiz they would be taking.  Most did well anyway, but taking a score would be unfair.

The goal for this coming week is to teach students how to discuss writer's style.  We will be looking at the Tom Sawyer piece and the Gary Soto piece as examples. Students will be expected to use the academic vocabulary to review their books.

I made this Big Picture to show students how everything fits together.  This same chart is on my front board at school.  I hope it students them to see what is due when and why we are doing it.