Friday, February 28, 2014

I am asking students to email me introductions and outlines for review this weekend.

Mother Nature could provide us some extra work time!

I have taught the lessons.  It is now time for the students to apply what they have learned.  But I am still trying to assess their progress along the way.

I want students to send me their introduction and outline.  From these, I should be able to tell if they are on the right track. 

Students can also send me drafts to review. I will do the best I can to give some feedback.
bradford.bosler@redclay.k12.de.us

I have explained to the students that no one should get lower than a 70% as long as the following requirements are met:
  • Rough draft handed in
  • Final draft handed in
  • The paper has an introduction with a hook, thesis, and 1, 2, 3
  • The body explains their claim
  • The body addresses the counter claim
  • The paper ends with a conclusion
  • "The Bet" is mentioned by name
  • The National Geographic documentary on solitary is mention by name
  • The NPR packet is mentioned by name
  • The paper contains minimal grammar errors

There is extra credit for using sources outside of the ones provided.
I will explain how to use www.easybib.com next week.

So the grades start at a C.  Eighth grade students should be able to do what is listed above.  Those who do a better job will get the higher scores as determined by the rubric I provided earlier.

I cannot be responsible for students who do not do what I have asked them to do.  The lessons are taught and time has been provided.