Friday, February 21, 2014

DCAS improvement sheets and poetry recordings

Some students allowed me to post their recordings. If you would like to listen to the recordings, check out this page.

ATTENTION: DCAS DATA

I sent home the Fall/Winter DCAS scores improvement sheet today.  I am asking that all students have their sheets signed.  Too many students did not even increase their scores from the fall, let alone raise them the +30 points they needed to make their DCAS goals for the year. 

I am developing plans to address these drops in their scores.  I will use Achieve to help them do better in test situations.  The program gives lots of test situation practice, but the questions are also aligned to the Common Core Standards.  Using the feedback from the DCAS, I will review the skills needed to do better in the spring.

I have been working very hard this year, and I know that I have taught the students at and above grade level. The scores on the DCAS do not reflect my effort, but I will work harder to make sure the students are prepared for the spring.