Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Rough draft of the response to literature for Red Chief due Wednesday

Homework:
Pages 60 and 61 vocabulary.  
Rough draft of the response to literature for The Ransom of Red Chief due Wednesday.


Today I introduced the new vocabulary words.  Then we read good examples of responses to literature from Stop the Sun.  I showed the students what is expected.  I told them they should have an organized rough draft for tomorrow.  I should be able to quickly read through the pieces to see that they have the required sections.  This should be an easy 25/25 points. We spent over 45 minutes writing in class today.

I told the students to think about the following:

A good response to literature is comfortable to read.  It shows that the writer understands the story and thought deeply about its meaning for themselves.