Thursday, January 12, 2012

A nice writing day for my classes.

Homework:

Sections 4, 6 , and HB should hand in pictionaries tomorrow.  Below is the sheet I had two of the sections make. 
Quiz 6 results are in HAC.

In the classes I saw today, I had them write for at least 25 minutes.  I was having them practice writing.  I will be checking for 700 words sometime next week. See below for the topics I am having them explore.  They are not much.  I am trying to teach them how to pick something they want to write.



700 Words/Journaling    (SSW) 
You need time for your mind to rest and open up.  Be patient.

Write a piece your grandmother would like to read- your friend, the class, the school, or the community!  What do you want to express to someone?  What do you hope they will feel/do as a result of your work?

What is happiness, easy, on your mind
What if something happens, doesn’t happen
What would you do if, when,
What do you think about someone, something, some idea
How would you, does, could,
I wish
Describe a time, a person, a belief,
When were you, did something happen, I get older,
Who inspires, matters
Why do things happen, don’t happen,




Amiss- not as it should be.



Brawl- to fight
Detest- hate
Domestic- relates to the home.
Flagrant- obviously offensive



Flaw- error
Fledgling- baby bird
Fluster- confused + agitated
Foremost- before most!


Momentum- speed + Force
Notable- worth taking note!
Nurture- care for
Paradox-
Perjury- lying under oath!
Presume- assume before
Prior- before



Proficient- Pro!


Salvo- burst of something


Vigilant- wide awake, alert
Wrath- intense anger!