Friday, October 14, 2011

Students whoul have an idea for their narratives for next week

Today:
I discussed the idea of crafting a narrative.  The crafting can only take place after a skeleton is created, like an outline.  It is the first, second, third, etc..  To that skeleton, we will be adding dialogue, thoughts, and the five senses.  We will also craft the intro so it leads to the conclusion.  So if a student does not have the basics to embellish, they will not be able to apply the lessons right away. 

I also explained that I am having trouble with my piece.  I have hit a roadblock.  The technique I taught them to deal with that is to put the piece down for a day or two.  My brain will work on the piece in the background.  Eventually, the solution will hit me.  If not, I will struggle with it later.  I have time.  Waiting until the last minute is not the best solution!  :)



Have a nice weekend.
-MrBoZ