Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25, 2010

Homework:
Pictionaries 1-10 unit 8
I would like the students to have their stories ideas again for tomorrow.

Today:
Daily Drill (see below)
We listened to 1-10 unit 8

I explained how to present their story idea:
Explain the
      technology
      setting
      plot
      conflict
      author's purpose (the lesson to think about)

In one section we discussed a technology where we upload the curriculum of information into  the brain.  We discussed at what age this should be done, if at all.  That lead us to discuss why we go to school.  Is school just learning information?  What does maturity have to do with learning?  It was a good discussion that focused on the thoughts that should be happening behind the technology idea.

My idea is to digitize the dead.  My brain is teeming with thoughts about this.  I can't wait to organize this and develop a story. 


Monday, January 25, 2010 (W6)
1. Every Saturday morning my little brother watches rug rats.

2. Last summer my friend sarafina moved to Santa Fe New Mexico.

3. Seldom : many :: often: (lots, more, few, several)

4. quick, speedy (synonym, antonym, homophones)

5. week, weak (synonym, antonym, homophones)