Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21, 2010

Homework:
By Monday, I would like the students to have a rough idea of the creative story they will write.  I will have all this organized for tomorrow.

Today:
The past two days we started class with an exercise of ending sentences.  Many students are trying to write complex sentences, but they don't always know how to punctuate them.  If you look at the two paragraphs below, you will see what I mean.  I also wanted to give students a reminder that they should read their pieces out loud and proofread a little better.

At this point all the essays are graded, and I will finalize grades tomorrow morning.

I also entered the results of the vocab final we took this week.  Actually, it is the final they will take in June.  They also took this same test in September.  Online you will see how your child scored and how much he/she improved.  The score does not count in the grades.

I will post the five prompts I have decided to suggest for the science fiction piece on my web page tomorrow.

Daily Drills:
Even though I feel that sometimes I would like to drop my foot on a few of them, I still leave them alone because it is the right thing to do. I also picture myself as that ant, it must be so scared and helpless if I was that ant I would not want to die. I also picture myself as that ant’s brother I would be devastated if I found out my own brother was killed by a giant even worse I could not do anything about it because they are so small! Also nobody knows what an ant rolls around in, but I have seen that ants mostly take what they touch because they are great full for anything that they can get their hands on! Nobody would want to die or would want a sibling to die, think of it this way, a humongous giant comes out of nowhere and steps right on your sister, or brother and is squished without a chance to fight back. I think pretty much everyone would not want that to ever happen to anyone they know even worse a family member would be hard to get over. I know that nobody would want that to ever happen.

Then second, ants are completely worthless like really what do they do for us? Nothing! It’s like legit! All they do is annoy you they get into your food and steal it and stuff which brings me back to nasty I don’t want them in my food I don’t want any bugs in my food! Also when I say there worthless there might be people that will be like well with out ants the food chain wouldn’t work what about ant eaters or something stupid like that. Oh yeah and I love it when they say ants pick up trash and bring it back to there colony…. Right...So If I dropped a bottle on a bunch of ants they would take it back to there colony and use it some how… I don’t think so.