Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010

Homework:
None

Today:
Daily Drill
We listened to and discussed "Key Item" by Isaac Asimov
The goal for the coming week is to show the students examples of what I want them to write for their sci-fi short story.

**The grades are up for the Unit 7 quiz

I am grading the ant essays.  I hope to get a lot of grading done on Monday.  Sections 3 and 6 have been graded.

Friday, January 15, 2010 (T6)
1. Does the underlined adjective tell which one, what kind, or how many?
Carlos exclaimed, “Look at that huge pumpkin!”
2. Circle the predicate in this sentence:
The whiskers on my kitten twitch when I rub its back.
3. Maggie clamed she was two busy too do her homework last night.
4. Mario Lee and Robert went to the steinhart aquarium to find out more about dolphins.

5. Which word is not spelled correctly?
inconsi derate uncomfo rtable prej udice prev eiw