Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009

Homework:
Pictionaries 1-10 Vocab
Proverbs sheet due Wednesday

Today:
Well, we are back from break.  Sorry, but I really enjoyed my time off.  I am refreshed and ready to start our next unit.  We will be studying proverbs.  I will make a page that explains this better soon, but here is the short version.  We will start off by discussing what proverbs are and how they are structured.  The students will explore proverbs looking for one that rings true with them.  Then we will study how to thoroughly explain a proverb.  At some point in the unit, students will make t-shirts which we will wear in class one day.  Yes, I want them to make a real shirt.  If not, they should make a fancy paper that they will tape on the shirt.  The reason their proverb will go on a shirt is because their proverb doesn't just mean something to them; they should feel like others should know about it and learn from it.

Over the break I made their videos from the ads.  Later this week we will watch them, and I will give them grades at that time.