Thursday, April 02, 2009

April 2, 2009

Homework:
Choosing the Right Word
I suggested students have a rough script for tomorrow's work time.

Today:
Daily Drill
Checked synonyms (3,6,7 entered their answers on responders)
Work time on the ads.

I want the students to present their scripts to the class for feedback.  I would like the groups to take the feedback and revise their scripts if needed. Then we will start filming in class.  Students can film at home.  The ad should be about one minute to a minute and a half. 

I just found out yesterday that Mrs. Watson is doing TV ads as well.  We realy did not coordinate this well.  However, it works out just fine.  I am working hard on producing scripts.  I am taking the students through the same process TV ad makers would do.  At an ad agency, they would not just film an ad on the fly.  There would be steps.  One step is to pitch the idea to the group for feedback.   They would have to storyboard the ad and create a script so actors could perform the ad.  We will start filming Tuesday or Wednesday next week.