Monday, March 17, 2008

March 17, 2008


Homework:
I gave out a sheet of questions that can be used to guide your thinking. The students need to be ready for a portrait shot tomorrow. In talking with a few students, they are not sure what they want to say with their shot. I guess they need to sit down and start thinking about this! You can read the requirements for the assignment here.

Today:
We did the daily spelling. I hope the students are keeping these organized in a notebook. I will have a test on these later. They can use the notebook.

We looked at some portraits I took three years ago of my students. It was interesting to just see the pictures. I was trying to tell my students that three years from now or more someone will view your portraits like this. What do you want them to think? What message do you want to convey about who you are?

Then we discussed Troy and who he decided he was. He said that people can bet on him. I want the students to have a clear message when they explain their portraits.