Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10, 2008

Homework:
If you can, could you bring in some lyrics about the singer searching for a source of strength and where he eventually finds it? I would like a song that says we can now count on him because of how he has grown. I will give this some thought as well, but I was hoping to find some new music you kids would know.

Today:
I saw sections 6 and 7. I reminded the students who have not turned in their letters that they owe one to me. We did the daily spelling. Then we started to discuss the song "Bet on It" from HSM2. We only scratched the surface. We are looking at the first stanza where Troy says that everyone is talking at him and trying to get in his head. I had the students make a brief chart of those people who are trying to get in their heads. Later we will be looking at how they make decisions about who they will listen to. Where do they get their guidance? In the song, Troy figures this out for himself and then has the confidence to say that people can now count on him.

I explained to the students that we will be making a prose piece similar to the what Troy was talking about: You can bet on me. We will also be taking portraits that exude the same idea. As the week goes on, we will discuss the project more.