Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14, 2008

Homework:
The students should be thinking about their portraits.

Today:
I have been very busy grading their letters. I plan to update grades by Tuesday. Then I will make the page that explains the project. The students should know what is expected. I have the notes all over my boards and we have been discussing poses all for the last two days. Here are the pictures we have been discussing.

Here is a page I made with some sample shots of my family. They show the background and lighting I will be using. They also show the quality of the shots I am looking for. I want the students to create a shot that defines who they are. If you look at my sample page, you will see a black and white that I want to use as my portrait. The interesting discussion we will have is whether the portrait we create is who we are or how we want to be seen. Hum.... Hopefully the writing part of this project will explain what they were going for.