Thursday, January 08, 2015

Today was interesting.

I did not see Section 1.  For tomorrow, Section 1 students should be done the Choosing the Right Word in the vocabulary book.  The two debaters, Justin and Ryan, should be ready to go.  I had asked students to be done a practice essay for tomorrow, but I had planned on talking about the essay in class today.  The essay can be due Monday.

In sections 2 and 3 we looked at student examples from the language writing prompt.  We read through some student examples I scored as a 3 and the book sample which I think is a 4.  Before today's class, I gave all their practice essays a quick score.  I will enter their score as a formative grade tomorrow.  I will post the examples and a rubric in another blog entry.

Sections 2 and 3 have no homework, unless they need to make up the practice essay because they were absent.