Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Growing and Learning


Date: September 12, 2012
Homework:
    Pages 8 and 9 in the vocab book.
    Quiz on the literary terms on Thursday.  See yesterday's blog.

Classroom:

Growing the Class:
     We watched a video on how to give a compliment.
     I challenged them to apply the lessons throughout the day.

Vocab:
    We reviewed pages 6 and 7.  The students seemed to be doing ok so far.

Literature:
    We have started Raymond's Run.  As a class, we studied the story through the exposition.  Tomorrow we will continue to study the choices the author made about the structure of the story.

SSR/AR:
    I am lost on this so far.  I guess the main issue is there is too much going on right now.  Plus, I do not have computers for the students to take tests.  PLUS, the librarian has a very busy schedule and we are having trouble scheduling time with her.  More sill follow when I know what to do.

Writing:
   I explained the requirements for the end of the unit written piece for section 1.  I wanted to give them a basic idea of what they will have to do.  More details will follow.

Thoughts:
   Right now, there is not enough time in the day to do all I want.  I have no doubts that everything will fall into place.  Just know that I will always do everything I can to help the students do the best they can.  I won't do it for them, though.  :)