Thursday, April 19, 2012

A rough draft of the ad and the paragraph are due Monday

Homework:
Choosing the Right Word unit 12
Rough draft of the ad and the 200 word paragraph due Monday



Today:
I checked the pictionaries and synonyms.
We reviewed the words and the answers.
I explained EXACTLY what is due Monday.
I gave students time to work in class.

The rough draft of the ad is a sketch that shows basically what the good ad will look like.  The students should label each part of the ad with arrows saying which technique is being used.   On Monday, the students should be ready to explain their strategy for selling the device. 

This ad project is putting together everything we have been learning.  Students should be proving to me that they can not only recognize how ads inform, persuade, or influence, they are showing me that they can do the same thing!