Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009

Homework:
Get grade slip signed.
Completing the Sentence Unit 6
(For those on the band trip, you owe me the Choosing the Right Word and the ant essay outline.)

Today:
The students entered the Choosing the Right Word on the responders.  I will get those grades up when all the band students do it.
I discussed the grades for this marking period and how many students are dropping the ball.
I discussed how the debates will be scored.  In some classes we had some students present to be scored.
Here is the scoring sheet we will use.  If a student wants an A, he/she must earn 35 points AND win the debate.  If two students earn 35 points, only the winner gets the A.  The loser will get a B+.  Is that tough?  Yep!  So I tell them if they want the A, they need to be prepared to win!