Thursday, December 20, 2007

December 20, 2007

(I will not be in school Friday.)

I sent this in an e-mail to all parents today. If you did not get it, I do not have your e-mail address.

Dear Parents,
I am sending this message to let you know that I am expecting students to do some research over the break. If you check out the classroom calendar on www.mrboz.com, you will see my plans for getting the essay for The DuPont Challenge completed. Although we spent four days in the writing lab this week, many students did not get as much done as I would have hoped. I suggest students spend a few hours continuing to research and take notes over the break.

If the topic of The DuPont Challenge is confusing, I told the students to think about science as a hero. Write a report on a discovery or invention where science is the hero for one of humanity's problems. There is a sample on the DuPont site if you need one.

I, too, will be doing some work over the break. As I have explained in my blog, I got bogged down with work and did not get to finish grading all the love essays. As much as I love reading them, they take time, and I want to do things right. I will have all of the essays graded when we come back. I handed out grade slips yesterday and today. Half the students have "exc" listed as the grade for the essay. That means "excused." I will update the grades when I am done.

Finally, at this time of the year, I would like to express my love and caring for all of you by saying "Merry Christmas."
-MrBoZ