Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December 19, 2007

Homework:
Continue to research for the DuPont Challenge

Today:
We were in the writing lab again. In sections 3, 6, and 7, I am trying my best to get the kids to focus on a topic. I am getting frustrated because the children are not using the class time effectively. This is a persuasive research paper, yet many students don't even know what they will be writing on. Therefore, I added two more links on MrBoZ.com. They link to Time Magazine's lists of inventions and discoveries. I figure students can pick one of these and research it more. The goal is to explain how the invention will better humanity. Regardless, I have updated the due dates. See the classroom calendar on MrBoZ.com.

I am handing out updated grade slips today and tomorrow. They do not have to be signed. I want to explain, though, that not all of the love essays have been graded. On the slip they are excused for now. All of the essays will be scored over the break. This time of year is so busy, and I got overwhelmed. However, if you want to read a good example of a love essay, you can read this!

I will not be in school on Friday. I expect the students to research over the break.