Monday, October 29, 2007

October 29, 2007

Homework:
Pictionaries 1-10 Unit 3
Have your word script ready for tomorrow.

Thursday and Friday:
First, if your child did not tell you, I was out Thursday and Friday last week. That is why I did not blog either of those two days. During those two days, the students did two Word Powers from Reader's Digest. Basically, the words are challenging, and there are four answers. I challenged the students to try them on their own first. Then they were to look up the answers. They also read a letter by a man who could not seem to find a job. After reading his letter, why he could not find a job became obvious!

Today:
It was hard getting back into the swing of things. My plans were thrown off. So I did the best I could. We are going to try something new with the vocab. I want the students to make the audio recording that we listen to from the vocab website. Today we looked at sample scripts from some words in the last recording. I showed them what was needed. They then had time to work on their word. Tomorrow or Wednesday, we will make the recording. It's something different. This method makes the students more responsible for learning the words. I imagine this will get faster as the year goes on.

With the extra time, I began recording some essay readings. I was going to do that last week.