Friday, October 16, 2015

Sorry I haven't posted all week.

I have been so busy
I will try to catch you up on what we have been up to in general.  However, I have been putting most of my time into detailed daily pages.  Please check them out.  They have all the links you need.

Sports Galleries
One thing that took up my time this week was taking pictures at two H.B. games.  Here are links to the pictures for Volleyball, Field Hockey, and Soccer.  Feel free to download the pictures of your children.  There is a download button below each picture.

Section 1

  • We are half way through unit 3 in the vocab book.  I have entered the homework grades. They will have a quiz on Unit 3 on October 23.
  • HAC: I need the summative grades to accurately reflect ability, so I have entered a grade from the inferencing warm-ups.  We practice inferencing a lot, and those score tell me how well students are understanding the concepts.
  • Writing: We spent this week focusing on how imagery helps convey the theme of The Latehomecomer.  Students started the week off practicing writing with plot, snapshots, and thoughtshots in groups.  We applied those lessons to the literature, which uses an amazing amount of imagery. 


Sections 2 and 3
  • HAC: I need the summative grades to accurately reflect ability, so I have entered a grade from the inferencing warm-ups.  We practice inferencing a lot, and those score tell me how well students are understanding the concepts.
  • Writing: Students are writing an essay on Bonne Annee
  • This essay is a major grade because students are expected to be able to do this type of writing on the state testing.  The scores on the essays should reflect how well they will do in a testing situation.