Thursday, October 22, 2015

I graded the snapshots for section 1

SECTION 1 ONLY

There are some big grades coming at the end of the marking period for section 1.  

Writing: Snapshot/Grammar
  • I graded these as I had described on the original assignment.  I was looking for a short moment which was described using sensory details.  As the students led me through that moment with plot, they were giving thoughts.  All of this was to lead towards a theme.  Plus, the whole piece should be grammatically perfect.  I will give students time to correct their pieces Tuesday so this slideshow will look perfect!  We MIGHT make audio recordings, or we might read these to the class next week.
  • I also see that I need to teach commas and periods.  I will do that individually with students for now.
  • You can look at samples of 100% here.  I will need students to request access to edit the document.

Writing: Essay on Bonne Annee
  • I will give these a score.  The score will reflect their ability to cite examples and clarify.  I will split the score into a formative and a summative. The formative will be the essay over all.  The summative will be their understanding of the theme as shown through examples from the text.

Benchmark: Apply close reading skills
  • On Monday we will take another part of the district required benchmark as practice.  However, I do expect them to do well based on the lessons we have been studying.