Monday, April 20, 2015

My preliminary outline for my TED Talk outline due Friday

Share a Google Doc with me ASAP so I can make comments and guide you: mrbozhb@gmail.com

Here is what mine is looking like so far. My outline does not have everything you need to know, but I will be using these as talking points.  I will have pictures in a slide show because you can only get a 100% if you DON'T USE any notes when you present.

You must speak for a minimum of 5 minutes.  I will have a visible timer for you.


My TED Talk:  The philosophy that we are living in a computer simulator!

·      Why are we here at all? Theories about our existence:
o   Adam & Eve
o   Elephant & others
·      Scene from the Matrix movie where pauses the simulation
·      Why would we be in a simulation?
o   Paper on the theory by _______ ancient idea as well
o   Computing power
o   They want to know how we evolved to what they are.
·      What would it look like?
o   Sims, Civilization, Truman Show
·      How would we know?
o   What can we look for?
o   Glitches in the Matrix
·      Why does it matter to the world?  How would life change?
o   Scene from Matrix where he knows steak is not real
o   What do we control in our lives?  Can we change the world?
o   Jewish “tikkun olam” repair the world and other religious/social efforts to help the world.
§  We are not predestined.  We are a simulation. Weather model runs change depending on changes.
§  As we change, the simulation adapts and changes
·      Those with weapons conquered
·      Lessons from the past.
§  Who are the people that are observing us?
·      Are we proving them right or wrong?
·      Do we control our own destiny?


·      I am not finished.  This is NOT the final version by any means.