Wednesday, April 08, 2015

I recommend you buy this book if you can: Night by Elie Wiesel


I spent today getting the grades updated with what I have so far.  We wrapped up Anne Frank before break.


When we return, we will be reading Night by Elie Wiesel.  I have a class set of books that students can read in class, but I highly recommend you buy the book if you have the means to do so.  This way you can write all over the book and use it at home.  (I am a big fan of underlining and marking up books.)  You will be writing a detailed essay about the book.  While I will provide a sheet for notes, it is easier to make notes in the book as you read.  Plus it is a powerful book that you will want to keep or share with someone else.

You could order the book from Amazon for $6.00 plus shipping.  I am sure Barnes & Nobles has a few copies.