Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15, 2009

Homework:
The good draft of the essay is due Friday!
Be sure to practice reading out loud as we discussed in class today.

Today:
We had fun! I took the poem "Smart" by Shel Silverstein and gave stanzas to the students. I discussed how an "A" reading would be clear, but it would also add to the enjoyment of hearing the poem. I demonstrated an A reading. Then they gave it a shot.

If you go to my main page, you can listen to the recordings yourself. As I told the kids, most of the readings will be B's or C's. It will be the student who goes the extra mile to perform his/her piece that will get an A for the recording of the narrative essay in the coming days. (Those recordings will be posted in the near future.)  The recording will be a 50 point grade for public speaking practice.