Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16, 2008

Sections 1 and 2
Today:
Daily Buzzword and reviewed the vocab homework.
We started watching the movie the Ant Bully.  I am showing the movie as part of the ant debate the students will be participating in.  I have done this debate for years.  It really gets the kids thinking.  I will have a web page up when I am finished with the work I need to get in the book.

Homework:
Pages 76-78 vocab

Sections 3,6,7
Today:
We did not do a daily drill.  We are running out of time to finish the sentence structure unit.  Today was an intense day.  We covered a lot of ground.  There will be a test on Thursday.  Then I plan on showing a movie that we will work into our next writing assignment.  I will let you know what that will be soon.

Homework:
Sections 6 and 7 had a worksheet on predicate nouns and adjectives.