Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November 5, 2008

Homework
1,2:
Completing the Sentence Unit 5

6,7:
Synonyms Unit 5

3:
None (some need to finish their essays)

Today
1,2:
We reviewed words from unit 5 vocab,
We watched the rest of the videos.
We chose winners.  You can see the names of the winners here.

6,7:
Daily Drill- vocab review for units 1-3.
Sections 6 and 7 did a neat activity!  I wanted them to practice getting up in front of the class, so I assigned them a vocab worb.  They were to read the word and definition with lots of emphasis as if they were reading their inspirational speech.  To make it interesting, I paired them up.  Two of them stood in front of the class and competed to see who could do the best job.  Then the class and I (mostly me) made a decision as to who won.  The kids were nervous, but I wanted to challenge them.  Tomorrow we begin reading the inspirational speeches.  (I do not have time to record them.  Sorry.)

3:
Daily Drill, synonyms in the vocab book in class, listened to one student give here speech.  We will begin our speeches tomorrow.