Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 18, 2008

Sections 1 and 2:
Today we read examples of what the presentations should look like.  If you go to the DuPont Challenge section of MrBoZ.com, you will see the handouts we used today.  The students were taught exactly what they need to have in their presentation.  They were also told to have two copies because I would like to collect them that day.  I might read them if I have time.  I will have already have listened to them anyway.  I might use them in the future.

Sections 3,6, and 7:
We did a daily drill.  Then we continued to read and discuss an example of the poem I would like them to write.  I am calling the poem, "Thanksgiving in Six Pictures."  The subject of the poem is Thanksgiving.  The poem will be a series of six very descriptive sections that use imagery to give a feeling of Thanksgiving.  It will be between 75 and 100 words and have a line that repeats but changes throughout the poem.  It should resemble the same poem I linked to above.  If I have time, I will make a web page for the assignment.  The homework this week would be to work on this poem and possibly a second poem if we have time.