Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28, 2008

Homework:
Bring in vocab book money on Tuesday
Some students still need to get in their Internet permission form

Today:
We practiced our Daily Drills. I will be using a book called Daily Language Review. Each day the students will be required to do the grammar activities in their English notebook. I will explain this more in a future blog or at Parents' Night. For today's blog entry, I just want to tell you that all the daily drills will be archived. If your child misses a day, he/she can go to MrBoZ.com, do the drill, and get the answers.

Today we also finished up the Barney discussion. We did a worksheet where we looked at what qualities I need to have as a Barney teacher and what qualities they said they need to be Barney students. They took the two columns and filled in a Ven diagram. What I hope they see is that we both have to do basically the same things to have a Barney classroom. It's the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated. I will post the worksheet in the near future. They are also making small Barney's that I will hang up as a reminder of how we should act in my class. I will post a picture soon.