Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26, 2008

The first day of school is here! I was ready for the school year to begin.

I did not blog yesterday because I honestly forgot. The first day is crazy, but there is no way around that. Today, Tuesday, we are beginning to learn about my expectations for our classroom experience. You may have heard that we are studying Barney the Dinosaur. You have heard correctly! I want to have a Barney classroom.

In years past, I have explained this idea in general. But this year I want to examine what it really means. I am finding that by watching an episode of the show, the students are seeing how perfect the children on the show behave. In fact, I am seeing how perfect Barney is on the show. To say that we should have a Barney classroom is an unrealistic expectation. But we can shoot for it.

You should have seen an internet permission slip and a vocab book letter by tonight. Please have your child return these as soon as possible. The vocab books are $8.50.