Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 19, 2008

Homework: Pictionaries 1-10 unit 10

Today:
New Daily Drill- Each day I will be giving students 10 spelling words. These are from a list of 250 tricky words in our grammar books. Most of them have a letter or two that is frequently wrong. (As one who has trouble spelling, these words annoy me. )

The students will spell the words as best they can. Then I will put up the correct spellings. They should keep them organized in their English notebook. I will have an open note test when we are finished with all the words. If a student is absent, he can check this page.

I handed out grade slips to sections 1,2,6,7. They do not have to be signed.
We listened to words 1-10 unit 10 in vocab.
Most of my classes are finishing up reading the 300 word pieces.

A note about last week
I have been absent 4 days in the last week or so. My daughter was sick. Then my son got strep throat. It has been frustrating, not only because my children were miserable, but my classes got behind. However, the assignments the students completed with the subs were well planned and relevant. They did count for grades, as well as students' class participation! Whenever I am absent, I try very hard to give the subs something to teach. I never expect my students to just play when there is a sub. Some did, and that is reflected in their grades.