Wednesday, March 07, 2007

March 7, 2007

Homework:
Study for unit 10 quiz
Flashcards (sections 3,6,7, but I explained them to all my classes)
Finish a draft of the Richard Petty speech

Today:
1. Buzzword

2. Reviewed Vocab focusing on parts of speech and preparing for the quiz

3. I talked about being Richard Petty the way an actor has to be in character when he acts. We discussed the many bits of information about Richard Petty that the article contained. We also discussed how he would have a purpose. Some suggested something like following your dreams. His humility might also be a topic. He might stress that even though what he did was great, being a good person is more important. He would not be coming in to gloat about his wins. He would use his accomplishments to inspire the students.

I think there are other purposes he would have. I am excited to see what they come up with. I am trying to get a cowboy hat and sunglasses organized so the students can pretend they are Richard Petty and read their speeches. That would be fun to video tape! (Hum.... )