Monday, December 04, 2006

December 4, 2006

Homework: Finish Unit 6 vocabulary

I checked the progress of the students today. As expected, some are doing just fine with the research, but too many don't really have much to show. Many had a proper bibliography, but they were lacking abundant notes.

I told the students that they would be standing in front of the class delivering a speech. I don't know how else to put this. If they do not have research, they will look pretty silly! We are watching The Ant Bully examining prejudice and "the ant within." I look forward to how this movie will be incorporated into their debates. Although the movie shows what ants do, not everything is true to life. There are many ways to attack the opponent in the debate. I hope by showing them multiple angles of attack, they will produce a thought out debate with and equally impressive essay that follows.