Thursday, December 21, 2006

December 21, 2006

I collected the essays in class. We continued the debates. Two classes are finished. One class is almost finished. The two honors classes, because they are so large, have about 5 more debates to go. We will have to finish them after the break.

After the break we will begin a new essay. I think it will be a compare contrast essay. The topic will not need to be studied so much, so we will have time for sentence diagramming... for real this time. We will have time to work the whole period, not just the little daily drill time. I mentioned the essay topic in an earlier blog. I THINK it might be something comparing what goals parents have for their children and how the children think they are measuring up to those goals, or something like that.

I will grade the ant debate essays after the break. They will be quicker to grade because I will just score them based on the lessons I have been teaching about organizing persuasive essays.

Have a nice break (students). I will not be blogging over the break. If you have a real desire to know what I am up to, you can check out my mobile blog: http://mrbozmobile.blogspot.com/ . I post pictures from my cell phone.