Monday, April 24, 2006

April 24, 2006

I posted the best songs from the blues songs recording sessions.  You can listen to them here: http://www.mrboz.com/school/assignment_blues.htm .  I made the songs so that when you play them on an iPod, a picture of the students singing will appear as artwork.  Creating the songs did take a lot of time, but I love to create things for posterity.  I hope the students will keep these files and appreciate them when they are older.  I also hope that I can find storage options so that I can keep their files handy.  If they ever stop by, it would be nice to show them what they sounded like years before.  But my laptop can only hold so much.  Even my 20GB external drive is getting filled by past years' files.  Donations welcomed!  (joking) ... (um sort of joking)

The students should be ready to explain a topic assigned to them before the break.  They had at least two days in the writing lab to research.  The requirements are listed on the Harlem Renaissance assignment page.

I will be handing out grades tomorrow if everything goes well.  I have them on paper.  I just need to enter them into the computer.  I have taken so long because the research papers overwhelmed me.  Sorry about that.