Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The grades for first marking period are almost done.

The only grades remaining are this week's Achieve.  By the end of the week, students should have completed six articles.  We will have the computers on Friday, so there should be no excuses.

Today's Red Chief scores are on HAC.
As I look over the grades, I am satisfied with the designation of the assignments.  I feel they are balanced fairly between formative and summative.  I also weighted some assignments more than others.  Now that I have one marking period under my belt with the new system, I will be better able to determine future assignments.

Homework:
Sections 2 & 3 have been asked to read The Tell Tale Heart using their online books. (See below.)
Sections 2 & 3 are also to do the online activity that I assigned to the class.  I am trying out the Holt site and want to see what it can do.

Section 1 did not do very well on the Red Chief test today, so we ended up using the class time to do the test over using their books.  I will take the average of the two grades.

Tonight's Holt homework
In the book, go to Unit 1 on the left and then choose Tell Tale Heart on the right.
Use the accessible pages on the left column for the pdf.

The activity can be found by clicking the Assignments link in blue from the first page after you log in.