Friday, May 18, 2012

The final draft of the autobiography is due MONDAY.

 It is my 43rd birthday today.  I had three students pitch in to buy me this massive barrel of cheese balls. All week I referred to them as we discussed the word nutritious.   

Today:
I checked that the students had completed their rough drafts.  I had another student read over it to see if the piece was reasonably organized and focused on the topic.  Then I had that student do a stick figure sketch of what pose would be good for a portrait based on the essay.  We will look at the results of the sketches on Monday.  The students are excited to have their pictures taken.  I just don't know when I will do it. 

Next week, students who got a 1 or a 2 on the DCAS will test two mornings for each test.  That means some students will test four mornings starting Tuesday.  Students who got a 3 or a 4 will test again for one session per test.  That will be in the afternoon.  In other words, I have no idea what next week will look like.

The plan for next week is to finish unit 15 and take the test.  That much I do know.  Now, can it be done?