Thursday, June 05, 2014

Novels Section 2 will read over the summer.

The presentations are finished in Section 2.  I asked the students to pick two books they will read over the summer.  Below you see the top choices of the class and the choices of each student. 

I plan to make a wiki page for each of these books below.  I encourage the students to enter some notes on the page after they have read the book.  I will create a blog entry when they are ready.

I am planning to read As I Lay Dying and The Sound and the Fury, among others.  I would like to read Frankenstein  and some more Steinbeck books.


10 Fahrenheit 451
7 Carrie
6 The Pearl
6 The Great Gatsby
5 Dawn
3 1984
3 Kafka
3 Schindler's List
3 Three Musketeers
2 As I Lay Dying
2 Robinson Crusoe
2 To Kill a Mockingbird
2 Wuthering Heights
1 Catch 22
1 MacBeth
1 The Color of Water
1 Treasure Island
1 Twelfth Night
1 The Sound and the Fury



 
Addy S. To Kill a Mockingbird Wuthering Heights
Alex Y. 1984 The Great Gatsby
Alexis Y. Dawn Fahrenheit 451
Anna Wuthering Heights To Kill a Mockingbird
Brad T. The Pearl Robinson Crusoe
Caroline The Great Gatsby Dawn
Christmas As I Lay Dying The Great Gatsby
Dakota N. The Pearl Fahrenheit 451
Ella M. Carrie Schindler's List
Elyse The Color of Water Dawn
Erin D. Fahrenheit 451 The Sound and the Fury
Gavin F. Fahrenheit 451 Dawn
Gunjan M. The Pearl Kafka
Ian Kafka Carrie
Isra Carrie The Pearl
Jaheem Fahrenheit 451 The Great Gatsby
Jeh-Leen As I Lay Dying The Great Gatsby
Kameron M. Carrie The Pearl
Katie E. Fahrenheit 451 The Great Gatsby
Kyle N. Fahrenheit 451 The Three Musketeers
Laura M. MacBeth Twelfth Night
Lien A. Kafka Schindler's List
Nathan B. Fahrenheit 451 Dawn
Nawel 1984 Fahrenheit 451
Nisaiah W.    
Noshin I. Carrie The Pearl
Shane L. MacBeth Schindler's List
Shannon S. 1984 Carrie
Will G. Fahrenheit 451 Robinson Crusoe
Yunsik The Three Musketeers Treasure Island
YuQing The Three Musketeers Catch 22