Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19, 2009

Homework:
Choosing the Right Word

Today:
Another day with the responders!  The devices are pretty cool, but I have so much to learn, so ee spent some time learning.  I can see how to use them for general feedback, and the students got a taste of how I can use them to collect scores for grades.  Tomorrow will be the first big test of data collection.  I will have the students enter the answers from their Choosing the Right Word from vocab.  Most times I just give a quick glance to see if they did it.  By using the device, I can see how well they actually did.  It's worth a shot.

I will grade the written pieces some day soon.  I have been spending too much time the last few days learning how to use the device.  I really look forward to reading what they wrote, though!